Sunday, October 31, 2010

October 25, 2010.

well its becoming more and more like summer here!! we are still wearing sweaters almost all the time but it is getting really nice, finally!!! i am nervous for another winter though!!!! so i will just have to enjoy the heat while i can. i hear that there are TONS of mosquitos here during the summer and that it is extremely hot and humid, so i guess i am down for another adventure of a season. oh here is an interesting fact about uruguay... there are three cows to every one person here, weird huh.

this past week was so great!!! my comp and i really had alot of success finding really amazing people to teach about the gospel. I had told you about Cristina this last week and how excited she was for her baptism this past sunday but guess what... our zone leaders went to the church to fill up the baptismal font at three am so that it would be ready by nine and my comp and i headed to the church at about 8:15 to get everything ready and we walked into the church, i was locking the door and just heard my comp yell that the font was empty.... yup empty, the water was running but somehow the drain was on and the water was draining as fast as it was filling. we were in a panic and didnt know what to do, but we couldnt really do anything because it takes 6-7 hours to fill so we were out of luck. Cristina came just shortly after and we had to break the news to her. she was really sad but we rescheduled it for wednesday so its all good, just have to wait a few more days.

we are teaching this really amazing woman named Estella that is so faithful, i just love her!! she has really great insight on the gospel and has really been working hard to apply it to her life. her grandson bruno, who is like two, is always there when we teach her and man is he a stinker!!! the whole time we are there he will switch off between my comp and i and hitting us, trying to pull down our skirts or take off our shoes. this past week i was talking and he just came up and slapped me in the face!!! hahaha. when we were praying he threw a ball at my comps head and was pulling on my bangs. oh man he is so funny, he just really wants attention i guess but man he is a naughty little kid.

the woman i was telling you about, Gloria, who doesnt read or know how to write, had a really hard trial this last week when a friend of hers that we have met died in a moto accident. it was really crazy that it happened just days after we taught her about the plan of salvation or where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going after this life. it really gave her alot of peace of mind to know of God´s plan in such a hard time.

well i gotta go!!! but i hope you know how much i love you!!!! you are always in my thoughts and prayers! i want to share a little scripture with you that i just love. i came across it this morning during my scripture study. i love scriptures about being greatful during afflictions which is kinda odd i guess but they always seem to help me. this is a prophet speaking after he had been through a great deal of trials, i really think that it is amazing how he much he trusts in the Lord always and that he faith is so unwaivering no matter what he has been through, it says ¨My God hath been my support, he hath led me through the wilderness, and he hath preserved me upon the waters of the great deep. He hath filled me with his love, even unto the consuming of my flesh...Awake, my soul! No longer droop in sin. Rejoice, oh my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul. Do not anger again because of mine enemies. Do not slacken my strenghth because of mine afflictions. Rejoice, oh my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say, Oh Lord I will praise thee forever, yea, yea my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation... Oh Lord I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh, for i know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm. Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if i ask not amiss, therefor i will lift up my voice unto thee yea, i will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and my everlasting God.¨
I know that is a bit long but i love it!!! hope you enjoy!!! look forward to hearing from you next week!!! love you love you LOVE YOU!! -Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment