Monday, July 12, 2010

July 1, 2010

I am sorry these are coming late, I have been out of town! Enjoy!-Beth

Helloooo!!!

Wowowo we only have 11 days left here!!! So I would give my address but i guess i have to wait to see exactly where my first area is. I will give you the address of my mission home next week when i actually remember to bring my mission packet downstairs with me when i write, i always seem to forget.

Anyways it has been a great week so far, well at least last Saturday really made my week for me. We went out into Buenos Aires as we usually do on Saturdays and were really excited to have our appointments that we had made the other week. One of the women wasn´t home so we headed onto Nora´s house, that is the woman that has a ton of health problems with arthritis and such. We were expecting to just help her with work that she had at home. As we walked up to her gate she was just barely scooting along down the street. It was amazing that we caught her because it turns out the buzzer outside her gate actually goes to her neighbors house... weird... but anyway it all worked out for a reason. She invited us into her house, and we all sat around her table. We started asking her what we could help with and with as many things as she could have give us to do she said all she wanted us to do was to bring comfort to her life through the word of God. She went on to tell us more about her health problems that she has. Turns out she has been hit by a bus twice and has many problems from the accidents. She could barely get up and down from her chair. The thoughts and lesson we were able to share with her went so well, I didnt even know that i had some of the spanish vocabulary that was coming from my mouth. It was such a strong experience and she was so happy with what we were able to share with her. As we were leaving she wrote down her address and told us to write her during our missions. we are really sad we wont be able to go back to that area but there are other missionaries that will be able to take care of her. i cant really put it in words but this experience was nothing short of a blessing for all of us.

So ya other than that we have had a bunch of classes as usual... haha. Oh my birthday was on tuesday as ya know and it was great. i went into the kitchen in the morning and everyone starts yelling happy birthday and the cook had made me another postre and had everyone sing again. then even better yet i went up to the classroom and the elders in my district had made a big drawing on the whiteboard that said happy birthday and they all made me cards and gave me a present of a pack of gum.... a beach ball... and a yo yo...so funny. the cards were all so cute and hillerious, ill have to show you some day. anyways everyone was so good to me and i enjoyed my birthday at the mtc... then today at mail time i got this huge package and it turned out to be from one of the elders moms, it was so sweet, tons of stuff that will be handy, including a spanish hymnal which i was desperately in need of.

Anyway its been a good week as usual, im gettin a bit of cabin fever and am really really really excited for uruguay! Here is my favorite scripture of the week, I hope you love it as much as I do, ´¨Yea, I know that I am nothing, as to my strength I am weak, therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strenght I can do all things, yea behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. ¨ Alma 26:12

So thats it for the week folks. I love you, I love you, I LOVE YOU!!! Ciao- Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment